Sunday, October 19, 2008

Is it winter yet???

I can't wait for winter to arrive because winter means snow, and snow means winter sports, and winter sports means... snowboarding! This is a very exciting time for me because it means I'll be able to fall on my face and tumble over air more than I usually do... all the while, having my feet bound to a board :) Yes, I enjoy snowboarding, even though I can only do two things; 1) move forward and 2) stop! Fun times aside, this season is exciting for one other reason. Soon, all the spiffy new snowboard designs will be on display in their full glory at sporting stores everywhere!

I've always noticed that snowboard designs are really special. There are so many to choose from, and so many colors, so there really is a perfect board for everyone out there. I think it's really neat that the designs are so versatile. Some feature very clean, slick designs, some are very loud, some are subtle and elegant, some are fun, and some are funky. Graphically, you can really find something for everyone in snowboards. It's true that the "only people" in their audience are snowboarders, but hey... just because they like sports, doesn't mean they have to have a "sporty" snowboard. They can be as loud and as expressive as each unique person :)

Here's a sample of some mens' boards:


Here's a sample of some womens' boards:


Oh... I think that a Batman snowboard would be the most awesome board in the world! It would be so sleek and sexy. Not boring and primary-colored like some other brightly-dressed superhero we know.

No comments: