Sunday, November 2, 2008

Coraline.

Today I saw the poster for the movie Coraline :) I thought it looked pretty cool, so I wanted to share!



The movie is based on a book about a curious little girl who walks into an alternate universe that is very much like her own, except that things are better. Things happen, and she has to rely on her resourcefulness to get home.

I thought this was a cool poster for an animated movie because most posters for animated movies are super bright and happy, with smiling characters bursting off of the page. I like how simple it looks. I suppose it has a pretty eerie quality for an animated kids film.

2 comments:

Lilit said...

I liked its simplicity and content, but I think the bright colors represent the "better universe" rather than the neutral colors.

Mujer Sin Cabeza said...

I love the poster. It does seem simple but upon closer inspection I saw so much detail. I love how the dark figure behind her has button for eyes and that same button is in the title at the bottom. The feline that makes the L is such a great approach. It does feel eerie because of the darker values of the colors used. I can't wait to see the movie with my girls.